My Experience spans 5 decades and is extensive, deep and varied:
- Legal advisor to all types and sizes of local government bodies from the former Regional Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto to numerous villages in British Columbia.
- In-house City Solicitor for the City of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, a very ambitious and enterprising place in my day (see my LinkedIn profile for all the projects).
- Chief Administrative Officer for the Town of Vaughan and project manager for the Canada’s Wonderland Theme Park, the doubling of the Woodbridge Community and the West Thornhill development in that municipality.
- First woman member of the Ontario Municipal Board, adjudicating on land use planning and capital financing matters, amongst other applications and appeals.
- Speaker, educator and trainer – Municipal Administration Training Institute, Capilano College, University of Victoria, University of British Columbia, Building Officials’ Association of BC Educational conferences, numerous CBA/CLE, LGMA, UBCM and in-house training programs.
Insight comes from knowledge, experience, context and the ability to think outside the box.
Practical means giving advice in plain language clients can understand and apply to their decision making; taking into consideration the client’s real life political, financial and legal possibilities and limitations; and providing realistic solutions.