These are the services I provide to cities, towns, villages, regional districts and related entities in British Columbia:
- advice on day-to-day legal and governance issues
- presenting in-house seminars
- assisting in negotiations, then drafting concluding agreements
- representing clients in inter-governmental relations
- conducting inquiries into governance issues
- preparing and presenting briefs to provincial ministries
- advice on the broad range of other matters that involve local governments
In addition, I provide legal advice on legal, governance and conflict of interest questions to Mayors, Board chairs and other elected officials of local governments that are not my regular clients.
I also provide legal counsel on local government law to other law firms and lawyers.
Current, former and new local government clients are welcomed to my client roster. However, I do not represent individuals, ratepayer groups or others who have interests that are adverse to, or in conflict with, local government.